This research paper analyzes the internal dimensions of the EU in terms of the single market and the opportunities it offers to the business sector. Of the four freedoms, the free movement of goods – and its polices – are addressed and applied to the case of Inditex. The question at hand is: Has Inditex succeeded in Europe due to the single market, particularly the free movement of goods, or have other factors contributed to their success? To answer this question the first section is an analysis of the single market and its role in trade following the implications of the free movement of goods, particularly, the customs union. Then the case study of Inditex as a business in the EU is presented. It is followed by a discussion whether the free movement of goods has attributed to Inditex’s business success. Articles 34 and 35 of the Treaty of the Functioning on The European Union are addressed in terms of Inditex’s increased business activities in the EU. Following, the Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) of the EU is mentioned together with its role in the business sector. Lastly, a marketing plan aimed at increasing trade and business cooperation with the EU is presented.
- Brennan C. 2017. What are the Best Times to Post of Social Media in 2017?, https://www.falcon. io/insights-hub/topics/social-media-strategy/best-time-to-post-on-social-media-2017/ [accessed on: 06.01.2017].
- Dunn J. 2017, The Difference Between how Millennials and Baby Boomers Consume News, In One Chart, http://www.businessinsider.com/how-millennials-vs-baby-boomers-getnews-chart-2017-6 [accessed on: 06.01.2017].
- Europa 2012. Consolidated version of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. Euro-Lex Access to European Law. Europa, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ TXT/?uri=celex%3A12012E%2FTXT [accessed on: 14.11.2017].
- European Commission 2011, Communication From The Commision to the European Parliament, Th e Council, Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. Europa. Https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:5 2011DC0078&from=EN [accessed on: 13.11.2017].
- European Commission 2013a, Th e Free Movement of Goods. European Commision Entreprise and Industry.European Commission. fi le:///Users/nitsa/Downloads/new_guide_en%20 (1).pdf [accessed on: 12.11.2017].
- European Commission 2013b, Where do Europeans get their information on Political Matters? European Commission.http://ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffi ce/publicopinion/topics/fs7_communicating_40_en.pdf [accessed on: 10.11.2017].
- European Commission 2014, Th e EU customs union protecting people and facilitating trade. European Commission.http://www.eesc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/resources/docs/customs_en-1.pdf [accessed on: 10.11.2017].
- Europa 2017a, Trade countries and Regions Bangladesh. European Commission.http:// ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/bangladesh/ [accessed on: 10.11.2017].
- Europa 2017b. GDP per Capita in PPS, http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/tgm/table.do?tab=table&init=1&language=en&pcode=tec00114&plugin=1 [accessed on: 06.01.2017].
- 2017c, Trade countries and Regions Morocco. European Commission, http://ec.europa. eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/morocco/ [accessed on: 06.01.2017].
- European Commission 2017a The European Single Market. European Commission. https:// ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market_el [accessed on: 06.10.2018].
- European Commission 2017b, Free Movement of Goods. European Commission. fi le:///Users/ theonitsinonis/Downloads/new_guide_en.pdf [accessed on: 10.11.2018].
- European Commission 2018. The Small Business Act for Europe, European Commission, https://ec.europa.eu/growth/smes/business-friendly-environment/small-business-act_en [accessed on: 06.01.2017].
- European Parliament 2017, Fact Sheets on the European Union. European Parliament. http:// www.europarl.europa.eu/atyourservice/en/displayFtu.html?ftuId=FTU_3.1.2.html [accessed on: 10.11.2017].
- Eurostat 2017, International trade in goods, http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/International_trade_in_goods [accessed on: 06.01.2017.]
- Inditex 2016, Inditex Annual Report. Inditex. Retrieved from: https://www.inditex.com/documents/10279/319575/Inditex+Annual+Report+2016/6f8a6f55-ed5b-41f4-b043-
- 6c104a305035 [accessed on: 07.10.2018].
- Jarvis P. 2017, Fast Fashion Fading as H&M, Zara Shine Light on Industry Strains. Bloomberg, https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-15/fast-fashion-fading-as-h-m-zarashine- light-on-industry-strains [accessed on: 15.11.2017].
- OECD 2017, Purchasing Power Parities, https://data.oecd.org/conversion/purchasing-powerparities- ppp.htm [accessed on: 17.03.2017].
- Tsinonis T. 2018a, Insights on Activity on Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/ theonitsinonis_1/ [accessed on: 07.10.2018].
- Tsinonis T. 2018b, Insights on Audience, https://www.instagram.com/theonitsinonis_1/ [accessed on: 07.10.2018].
- Vincos C. 2018, World Map of Social Networks, http://vincos.it/world-map-of-socialnetworks/ [accessed on: 07.10.2018].
- Williams G. 2017, Once Again, Christian Dior, Nike & Inditex Top World’s Largest Apparel Companies, https://www.forbes.com/sites/gracelwilliams/2017/05/24/the-worlds-largestapparel- companies-are-still-christian-dior-nike-inditex/#c509b9f93815 [accessed on: 07.10.2018].